Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

watering the garden and grains...

Kinda foolish, I am sure, to extrapolate out from my less than postage stamp sized garden to the world of crop growing but I was out watering the garden two days ago...dry as a bone. In an effort to make sure I put enough water on each plant I use gallon jugs to water each plant. Gets a little boring standing there watering so you wonder if you put enough or just got bored and moved on, so I started using gallon jugs to make sure I put enough per plant. I dumped the water out as fast as it would go...ground just soaked it up before it could even puddle.

The Southeast is parched...the Midwest flooded...Mississippi shut for traffic in places. What always got me about bad weather and crops...when the numbers came in...it seems the yields would never reflect the nastiness of the weather. Those sly old farm boys would manage to get the crop in and there would be the grain.

Makes one wonder if they aren't just trying to talk that bean price back up to Nine Bucks. 🤔