Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: time to bust out the super secret...V

My first pistol was and a Colt Targetsman .22 I bought when I was 15ish...of course the old man bought it but it was my money and my gun.

I later purchased a S&W 629...the stainless version of the 29. Got it out and started shooting it. It was so far off I packed it up and sent it back to S&W with the closing line of my short letter to them being...If y'all can't make a gun that shoots any better than this, just keep it.

Challenge accepted! When I got that thing back it was a masterful piece of work. Not only did it shoot dead eye on, I think they went through it and worked the trigger, timed the wheel...and who knows what else. I could pull the trigger almost all the way back and there was this nice little catch in it where the wheel locked up and the next couple of pounds of pull would set it off. It was like shooting it single action...or if you stroked the trigger right on through you would never detect that little stop. I bet I ran more than 5000 rounds through that thing.

I also had a series 70 combat commander. That's when I fell in love with the 1911 and the .45. I used to tell people G-d made that pistol just for me and sent it here direct mail via one of his best gunsmith angels...maybe John Mosses made it himself. I stupidly sold it with visions of a stainless model. No dice. I now have a series 80 stainless commander. It doesn't hold a candle to the the old one...and it's heavy.