Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

S&P the carnage... *PIC*

Wailing in the streets and Gnashing of teeth. Wishful thinking by some who wish the president gone in 2020. Bill Mahar, a buffoon, wishes for a recession, peoples misery be damned, so Bad Orange Man be gone. Lovely state of mind to live in but it takes no psychologist to see this man is a buffoon leader of the buffoon troop, liberal.

One day, as I tell the neph who is heavily vested in the market through 401K etc, you will have to sit through a down draft in the market and your account. Your play, though, is the very long one...as you are but a punk in the journey through life. You should invest, say's I, as hard as you can. Never looking to see where you are in your accumulation of wealth in these instruments until you reach the state of decomposition you see your uncle in.

The good neph calls yesterday bemoaning his station in life due to recent decline in market and account. Boo hoo this and boo hoo that. Boy, says I yet again, why do you even know this stuff? Have you been violating the rule of decomposed Unc and putting the eyeball to your investments? Yea, I couldn't help it. My yearly gain before this calamity was 17% now it's down to whatever. Blah blah blah...sez he. Hey boy, I've been getting the boat ready for your fall return to your state of birth. Got a line on some good paint to replace the shagged out carpet in the boat you bemoan whenever you drop your bait. On and on it went. Finally got his mind off from the carnage barkers.

Here is the monthly chart I sent him showing the overblown self-beclowning of supposed professional prognosticators of the market.

Barely a move...not that it couldn't turn into a real move someday but as of now...ehh...