Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Off Topic. Kung-Flu

This is off topic, regarding China and the kung-flu, but I was somewhat taken aback when it was brought to my attention.

Earlier this morning, I opened an email from an acquaintance that I haven't spoken to for a few years.

It had a chart overlay and side charts for other years.
Within the first overlay, it showed a "death count" for seasonal influenza and pneumonia.

Lo and behold, the deaths from the seasonal flu and pneumonia, even bacterial pneumonia, has dropped to ZERO. Yup, we've really whupped those two. I was shocked that, in some years, the death count from those two were relatively high this time of year. Yet, lo and behold, modern "medicine" has really gotten them under control .... We're losing NO one, in a time when we normally are seeing thousands of deaths.

I'm not a research type of a guy, but he claimed that these figures were all from the CDC. I haven't verified it ... but, it does sound plausible.

And, we're supposed to trust "modern medicine"?

Who'd a thunk it?

Messages In This Thread

Off Topic. Kung-Flu
Re: Off Topic. Kung-Flu