Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: anybody get their 1200 bribe, yet?

are the ones you're putting in the standby Generac's? I think I'm calling that right...standby...the kind that are always hooked to the house and automatically turn on when the electricity goes out? That would be the cats meow but it looks to me like with all the accessories and the generac you could quickly hit a 10K price.

I thought a set up like that hooked up to my 300 gallon propane tank would be nice but I don't think I'm willing to pay that much.

I think I have a near perfect setup for a portable and I kinda like the idea of it being portable. I ran a big enough wire from the house panel out to the 50 amp hot tub subpanel(?) a long time ago. We don't use the tub anymore...got to be too much maintenance(Never put a Hot Tub directly on a concrete patio!! No drainage for the rainwater leads the tub to an early grave!!) I thought I could put a portable plug where the tub breaker box is...and just change the breaker to the one they use for portables in the houses main panel. Wire already run.

I thought about putting up a covered structure on the patio and using the tub subpanel for things like lights and fans, etc. Would kinda hate to sacrifice that to a "not very often run emergency power source".

I wonder if I could run a wire from the gen plug to the tub sub panel that would take it back to the main panel???

I like your other toy choices! I thought about one of those double edge razors after I couldn't let White Privilege talk me into those fancy dan straight razors...both type requiring much more effort to shave than I'm willing to put into it. hahaha

I'll stick with my quadropro and a shave twice a week...that's how you stretch out the cost of those 4 bladed razor heads. 😁