Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Year-over-year core inflation remains at low 0.8%

Year-over-year core inflation remains at low 0.8% (by Ruth Mantell)

WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) -- Year-over-year core inflation remained at 0.8% in November, matching the record low reached in the prior month, the Commerce Department reported Thursday. The data go back to 1960. The core personal consumption expenditure price index excludes food and energy. This core gauge of inflation rose 0.1% in November, as expected by economists polled by MarketWatch. The overall inflation gauge rose 0.1% in November, after a 0.2% gain in October. This overall inflation is up 1% in the past year, the lowest since October of 2009. The government's inflation gauges are broad based, and consumers may be more sensitive to price changes of particular items that are frequently purchased, such as gasoline. Also Thursday, the Commerce Department reported that personal incomes rose 0.3% in November, compared with 0.2% expected by economists. Spending gained 0.4%, while Wall Street had expected a gain of 0.5%. Real disposable incomes rose 0.2% in November.