Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: cotton news/ronnie/Nic
In Response To: Re: cotton news/ronnie/Nic ()

Wow, Lee, that's all I have to say. I don't know how many lbs per barrel and I don't really worry since I don't plan to have my cotton delivered to my front yard. I hardly trade soft mkt.

I thought I'd pick the top and bought a few puts when the front month contract hit 150. It's a losing game even if price corrects or the trend reverses.

Because when the price down, so is the ATM premium( I noticed). In fact, my plan is: Once(or if the trend reverses), I will get rid of my puts ASAP.

Something very fishy about this mkt. I see they keep both calls and puts premiums high(artificially) for far far far out of the money options to lure innocent option buyers.

I won't be surprised if some really angry traders demand audit on their option selling (pricing) strategy(I wont' call it manipulation since I dont' know for sure). All these very expensive far out of the money options will become worthless.

About FND etc. I was thinking the same thing. If the front mo price doesn't drop sharply (140 level, the most damaging to option holders as of a wk ago), we know there are crazies who really want the physical cotton for SOME reason.

Messages In This Thread

Re: cotton news/ronnie/Nic