Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Both NG and CL critical sup/Wayne/Trades/Hal

Hi Wayne,
Interesting, Thanks

Never heard of these "green houses" before but sure makes a lot of sense to me !!!

BTW
I'm looking at a 10 year NG chart (monthly).
If I were trying to decide whether to build a plant or what ever based on NG as a fuel between say 2003 and 2009 I'm not sure what conclusion I would draw.
[And, yes, just looking at a price chart for NG and CL futures really says nothing for the final cost of fueling a power plant with either fuel. But I'm pretty sure there would be a fairly close relationship.]

I think a lot has come to the forefront recently on NG reserves/availability both domestically and nearby that maybe the picture is changing dramatically over the last year or so ??

The crude chart is quite different and not as erratic. Just a consistent run up to mid 2008 and now cranking back up since early 2009.

Glad I don't have to make the decision as to how to fuel a power plant !! I haven't even looked at Coal. Likely cheaper but the hardware costs for emissions likely make it impractical/very difficult today ???

I'm all for Nuclear and we wouldn't be having these problems !!

Three Mile Island was a "non event" and the technology has certainly improved for controls/supervision/monitoring since then. The PC didn't exist when that TMI plant was designed/built.

Lee

Messages In This Thread

Re: Both NG and CL critical sup/Wayne/Trades/Hal