Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Thoughts on Sugar?
In Response To: Thoughts on Sugar? ()

Hi SugarInvestor,

I remember that we exchanged few posts about a month or so ago on... sugar. Going long into the front contracts in sugar or cotton is extremely... let's say brave. The prices for sugar are at a 30-year high and for cotton all time high. They may go even higher and you may make money but, personally, I would feel better going short when these record prices start to unwind, and they will. Unlike gold or oil, these commodities can be grown from dirt :).

What I am really trying to say is listen to the chart (not the chatter) and be ready to bail out taking a loss if the unwinding begins in earnest. As trades poinet out, there were three warnings and the last one might have killed the rat.

AS

Messages In This Thread

Re: Thoughts on Sugar?