What To Do When Trading The Pits.
1. know how to use proper trading orders. with out this knowledge you will not be able to do so.
2. Find a good deep discount broker.
3. Do not hastate to request, no demand time and sales if you are receiving more than two ticks slippage on fills.
4. If your having trouble with the floor clerks call your account manager let him/her know about it.
5. Always ask for the floor (pit) trading order number numbers, very important... Not the clerk number even though they will give there's to you. Keep a couple of brokers numbers handy that you know that want your business. why because if your computer goes down or the phone goes down where you call to place or exit trades you can call one of the other brokers and ask a favor to exit a trade or cancel a trade but you will need the floor ticket number for them to help you out. Clerks ticket number will not do.