Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Fed's Evans: Inflation/Silver/Ronbo/Rabbit/Lee

Hi Lee,

I really wasn't trying to make a point. When I read Trades' post I just figured that amount of silver had to weigh quite a bit. Then I remembered the Binion story which is one of those stories that you think Hollywood made up, but its real. Thought it would be a fun read for someone that did not know the story.

Guess there is always some risk. These two cases because of the amount involved may have made them more risky.

If someone bought 1000 oz of silver in 100 oz bars it would weigh around 62 pounds and they could probably stuff all 10 bars in a large safe deposit box in the bank and sleep pretty good at night. They would have to pay the yearly safe box fee, so if silver does not go up it cost them money each year. You still would not want people to know. If stored at home, its probably even more important that people don't know.

Cut this from the Wiki article. I don't know why some is unclaimed.

After the trial much of the silver was given to his daughter, but a large portion still remains unclaimed at the courthouse.[5]

Messages In This Thread

Re: Fed's Evans: Inflation/Silver/Ronbo/Rabbit/Lee