Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Beans...Trades/Doc
In Response To: Re: Beans...Trades/Wayne/Doc ()

I think you are referring to the 45 degree uptrendline drawn 'ahead' of time from a low point that a technical analyst told me about years ago. Rather than just putting them on price lows on the pulls backs at whatever angle. He said that 45 degree angle pre-drawn on the chart was the only angled line he would consider valid and pay attention to. And I think you are asking if that would be the same 45 degree angle on a downtrendline from a high point as well. And I think you are wondering or suggesting it would not be steep enough. Well perhaps not but this analyst suggested he didn't care about that and did not consider these other angles valid or that important and would only consider the 45 angle. Only the 45 degree angle was valid when or if touched. My point to Wayne was that it occurred to me that most angled uptrendlines are at about a 45 degree as a rule and I wondered if it was a Gann angle of some sort that perhaps repeats or makes this analyst's point valid at all. Or I don't know what the hell I'm asking or explaining or talking about,lol........

Messages In This Thread

Re: Beans...Trades/Doc