Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Beans...Trades/Doc/Lee/Wayne

Thanks for the explanation. Not that I understand Gann but the concept of the 45 degree angle being the most important angle does make more sense to me now. I do think that analyst that told me this years ago felt that while price periodically trends along a steeper or less angled line, his idea was he was not going to respond to them but just the 45 that was the most reliable. I don't think he cared if he missed a market trending on a steeper or less angled line. And from what I've learned over the years the steeper the uptrendline the sooner if fails. And so do low angled lines as well. Low angled lines like DX has had over the last 3 years from its lows often fail as they are very weak uptrends. So the guy had a point. It's only now dawning on me regarding this.

Messages In This Thread

Re: Beans...Trades/Doc/Lee/Wayne