Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Natural Gas versus Crude Oil

Interesting discussion, thanks. In North Dakota they have found natural gas in 52 out of 53 counties. Some as shallow as 200 feet deep. One article that I read stated that we are flaring off 20% of our gas but, I can tell you that it is much greater than that.
In the evening I can drive to the top of any hill north of where I live and see gas being flared off everywhere I look. It must be an awesome sight from an airplane. There are companies coming in to put in pipelines and upgrade gas plants.

As far as oil, last year I posted about the Bakken discovery here. Some DickHead posted that it was shale and not recoverable. With horizontal drilling and fracting their first estimate of recoverable oil was over 300 billion barrels. Now with the discovery of the Sanish & Three Forks formations, that estimate has almost doubled.

The western part of the state (where I live) has seen some unbeliveable changes. Towns doubling and tripling in size.
One of my closest relatives whom I always help with his cattle, haying, and crops, just sold his herd. He has 5 oil wells now and is having to much fun to fool with cattle! He will continue to farm as a hobby.

Kind of makes you wonder why a discovery of this size,(arab countries pale in comparison as this is light sweet crude right here in the US) doesn't drop oil prices a penny yet unrest in Libia cause oil to spike. After the fact BS!

Have a great week
Later: DJ

Messages In This Thread

Re: Natural Gas versus Crude Oil