Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: That Magic 45 Degree Angle/ Wayne

When I 1st brought up this subject about the 45 degree angled trendline that the technical analyst told me about decades ago as I said I never came across it again anywhere. But over the years I couldn't help but notice how reliable that angle has been in uptrends and downtrends. Glancing at a bunch of charts that 45 degree angle of ascent or decent does seem to prevail as the major trend. What this guy said was he drew the 45 degree line from a low point into the future and only respected and acted upon price when at that 45 line as a reliable price support in the uptrend. OR resistance in a downtrend I suppose. While you and others have mentioned many different angles prices trade off of what this guy was saying and I do agree with him now that the 45 degree angle was the 'most reliable' and dominant prevailing angle. And looking at hundreds of charts that continue to break steeper and lesser angled lines all the time his point seems to ring truer to me now than years ago as the 45 degree line does seem to prevail as the dominant trend. Flipping through many charts seems to prove that overall.

I don't know sqat about Gann or geometry not being as 'edukaaded' as the rest of you that's why I asked you if it was a 'Gann thing'. Thanks for your observations as well as other's input on this. There does seem to be some validity to this despite my lack of Gann or other geometric, or astrological understanding.

Messages In This Thread

Re: That Magic 45 Degree Angle/ Wayne