Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Trades...nat.gas weekly chart? ECA

Yup, I hear ya Trades. I follow the price/volume action on both the NYSE and TSE for Encana but use the NYSE chart I posted to make decisions on entry/exit. As you suggested, it is good to apply that advice to any equities that are cross-listed as it removes the currency effect from consideration. Also true that the U.S. side usually leads moves for such companies.

As for Encana, I agree with you that $32.65 is a significant price point. I accumulated an initial position in the $31 area (basis U.S.) last month after news of the Chinese deal broke, but will add to it if/when it breaks (and holds) above that target. Will also add more on a retest of the 50dma this week, if it comes. There is more chart support below that as well around the $30 area, coinciding with the 200dma.

Worth noting that ECA goes ex-dividend on Friday (March 11) so for those wanting to get in on that juicy 20 cent U.S. dividend, lol, this is the week!

Messages In This Thread

Re: Trades...nat.gas weekly chart? ECA