Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: methods/roger
In Response To: Re: methods/roger ()

I don't make bold and outrageous statements roger. I don't need to be a 'guru predictor' and CALL a market as I will leave that for those that have a need for such recognition. You seem to have a need to be recognized as "calling a top or bottom". I don't really care about such things. AGAIN look at my last chart on Corn. It is clearly in a bullish uptrend right from the beginning of the 1st trade set up. What else do you need? Who needs major tops and bottoms when these patterns can be traded frequently with reliability with the trend and at a point where you know it isn't going to work and have a stop loss just under these price points to get out quickly with a small loss. Much better than betting our lives on someones prediction of a top or bottom. Where is the stop loss on your 'calls'? HUGE QUESTION!

And how can you explain seasonal charts from Moore Research that shows a chart with the 5 year trend, a 15 year trend and a 30 year trend chart all overlaid each other. AND they all track together closely with the only variance being the strength and weakness along the way to a minor degree. Or perhaps you are saying all these trends in all these time frames are suddenly going to change for your method of quantifying these highs and lows? I don't think so roger. If it were so the 5 year would be changing and have a different pattern by now.

Messages In This Thread

Re: methods/roger