Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: methods/Lee/Trades/All
In Response To: Re: methods/Lee ()

Hi Trades,
Thanks !!!!

OK, I understand what you said. Friday clearly closed below 672 support.

I understand this also:
Well this chart would definitely 100% have me 'short' on Friday's close. Price has clearly broken below 672 support.

Here is where I was "unsure/confused". I expected that you would have waited to see what developed on Monday before taking a position. But, you would be trading off of the daily chart and shorting at 664 with a stop above if going to enter. I thought that you would consider the Friday bar to be a "test of support" since it bridged the 672 and expect that it may be a "false breakdown" and bounce back. Thus waiting for the next bar to at least open and confirm. But as Corn goes lately, Monday open could quickly be down another 10 points !!

So, you would make your decision based on Friday close and take the lumps if bounces back. OK, I see that.

I will see what happens Sun. night. The path may become clearer !!!

Thanks, Lee
PS
The Forum has been so "pleasant" recently, I thought a trial balloon on something like this might be fun and worthwhile - maybe some others will ring in on this with thoughts !! Sure better than a lot of bickering !!!

Thanks again

Messages In This Thread

Re: methods/Lee/Trades/All