Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: 'Natural Gas...keeps on truckin'/Hal

Hi Hal,
As Trades would always say: "Just pay attention to the charts and some bs story will always appear to justify the move"...(Although admittedly the whole 'Japan' thing is not just some bs story, LOL!)
I love this right now, as you and I both saw the massive potential built into the sidewinding action showing on the weekly technicals...and I even noticed a repeating length of time that appeared to 'pattern match' an earlier consolidation that broke out violently to the upside years before...and it appeared that this time to break out was close at hand... as I previously had pointed out as well, this monthly chart looked similar to the Euro chart 10 or so years ago when it was still around 85 or so....and it showed compression and turned...(we all know the rest of THAT story...)
Anyways...this is what I love about charting and ignoring 'funnymentals'...the real key to success...

But you are right in the fact that the bears are actually using the Japan story as an excuse to believe this rally will end soon... but the chart tells me this trade is just in the beginning stages...
I honestly think the 'Japan' story was just a spark to ignite that which was inevitable anyways...

YAAAAHHHHOOOOO!!!! Gonna be a nice ride! $6 in a couple months is one hell of a profit! (more than tenfold)

Cheers!

Messages In This Thread

Re: 'Natural Gas...keeps on truckin'/Hal