Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Market Pick/Trades

Trades,

I agree, and that has been the source of my occasional flame sessions with many names that have come and gone. The Big Boys wearing big boy pants.

These self professed Guru's are easy to spot, mainly because you can tell they know very little about the topic. Their success comes from dealing with an audience that knows even less. Then, like you, they feel lucky to trade like the Big Boys. LOL

Let me share one of my early experiences as a rookie client. I had made many studies of trading using different methods. I settled on one that was simple for me to follow.
Identify the trend then buy or sell close to the support resistance, and place a stop.

I considered myself lucky to turn my $1,500 into $33,000 in only a few months. Luck continued to shine on me, as I was introduced to a Guru that had programmed some software that would generate buy/sell signals.. The selling point they used was the trading by this model removed all emotions from the trading decision. I was first to admit I felt emotional many times from the pressure of trading a market that I knew very little about,. Scared of the BIG BOYs.

The computer model was a perfect answer for me, and they only needed $15,000 to open an account. Heck at that price I opened two,, LOL

Results? Within 45 days the accounts only had a few hundred left in each. That was my eye opener... If people made money scamming people surely then an honest person could do really good. Truth is I did, and I was happy for the experience.. I had some pretty large accounts, and some had grown from nothing. One Lady was so happy she and her husband flew in to meet me at the airport, and explained they were able to send their son through college. A first in their family to do so.

Over my 10 years plus on this forum I have shared many stories, and I have not ran out of stories, just don't have the same interest. I sound like the old guy that doesn't have a life.. LOL. Not true because I do, and enjoy every day of it. Sure I am sad about the direction of our Country, and leadership of people I would never let through the front door of my home. But I must let it go because their ain't nutthing I can do.. Except play golf.

Trades you have been and remain an asset to the forum.. Keep up the good work.

Tee it Up

Messages In This Thread

Re: Market Pick/Trades