Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: We've Become a Nation of Takers, Not /Senior

My gosh Mr. Golfer, 'gasp', your ideas seem awfully Libertarian...

Good for you, too bad more Americans can't pull thier 'collective' heads out of thier 'collective' asses...
Is Perot going to run again? I wouldn't know, as I have very little interest in politics to a fault, and I admit it...but if I see the tide start to turn and people begin to gain more interest in a 3rd party...instead of ALWAYS exclaiming "Your throwing away your vote to vote 3rd party"... then I will do all in my power to lead the charge!
This seems to be the problem though, the people with the right ideals are very non-politcal (ie small government) to begin with...and the Libtards who wish for big government are VERY political and scream and yell and have a fit to get thier way...they work very hard at it because big government is thier thing! It is thier sole reason for living! How is it possible to change anything when this is a huge fundamental problem?
It is like those with Libertarian ideals would have to found thier own country where the Constitution for them would have drastic self-limiting guidelines for thier government to begin with, (actually this sounds familiar doesn't it? LOL! Wasn't in Jefferson that said: "A government must be overthrown every 40 years in order to keep it in check?") Anyways, all kinds of redundant protection would have to be added as amendements to block any attempts for others later to seek entitlements (maybe anyone asking gets publicly hung) or somptin' like that...
hehehe...

Actually, my buddy had a good idea, have mandatory public service for all young adults..it would be a VASTLY cheaper way to take care of basic public service functions as these 'young-uns' that do 2 years of mandatory service could do basic tasks such as cleaning government buildings, cleaning up after disasters, and such...(have them pick fruit for farmers if they run out of work), the skilled government jobs should, of course, go up for private contracting bids...encouraging free enterprise and thereby efficiency...

Just some thoughts...

Cheers!

Messages In This Thread

Re: We've Become a Nation of Takers, Not /Senior