Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Corn Chart ?/Trades/Wayne

Hi Trades, Wayne,

Corn chart question:
I'm looking at a 4 year weekly and/or daily. The all time high was about 766 on 6/30/2008.

Looks like we are pretty close to that today. It hit 770.5 and closed at 765.25.

How much weight to you put on that 766 level as a resistance to be reckoned with ??

Also, as a nit pick, if you wanted to refer to/use the "high of 2008" which would you use ? The highest high or the highest close ??

Reason: They are about 10 points apart and which number would you use for a possible resistance level for the current situation ??

Would you consider that 2008 number at all ?? I might be inclined to discard that spike up as an aberration of the "wall street monkey business" of the time and/or the flooding that occurred then and not really indicative of realistic trading ?? [Chase me on this.]

I got sidetracked on these questions while looking to create a chart for Corn similar to what Wayne did earlier today for beans.

Thanks, Lee

Messages In This Thread

Corn Chart ?/Trades/Wayne