Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Gov't Shudtown?/Bill Ward/All

Hi Bill, All,

Did some thinking and looking on your comment.

I don't know what the total "import" of a shut down would be.
Will post some links below.

I don't think it will be pretty if we default on Treasury interest payments !!! Geithner had some words on this a bit ago that I don't pretend to have completely absorbed.

Dx not doing that well. Good or Bad ???

Here is a seemingly reasonable discussion of the effects of a govt. shutdown. [I don't agree with all of the points.]
http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article27424.html

I have a question though, and I don't want to raise the Religious stuff at all.

All I want to know is, if the Republicans cut the funds for "Planned Parenthood" who is going to provide the funds to "raise the kids" that result and just "who" is going to foot the bill. I'm quite sure it will not be coming from a religious organization centered in Italy that promotes a doctrine that produces more constituents for their religion.

We should resurrect Ronald Regan, he would solve the problem of "furloughed" government workers by "properly re-staffing" as sensibly required as he did with the Air Traffic Controllers !!!

My thoughts,
I'm sure this will tick a few folks off, just tell me where the money comes from.

Lee

Messages In This Thread

Gov't Shudtown?/Bill Ward/All