Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Dx ?/Gov Shutdown/Lee

I recall when Regan got in I heard he took a huge book of federal regulations and in front of all his top administrators fired it in the garbage can and said that's the end of all the red tape. When they screamed he couldn't do that he just said well ok. Now you had better dig it out of there and only write down what regulations are absolutely critical and leave the rest in the garbage can. I thought that was brilliant as regulations add up on top of each other and the existing ones are rarely updated or eliminated with the new changes. Much like taking more and more medication as you get older until you are consuming a cocktail of drugs that do you more harm than good. The combination of regulations just like drugs become a hindrance to progress and productivity and ends up making it impossible to accomplish anything within reason. Like trying to swim through bubble gum.

Messages In This Thread

Re: Dx ?/Gov Shutdown/Lee