Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Breaking news: No Federal Shutdown!!/Wayne

Hi Wayne,

OK, and there are many more gov't agencies they could cut out and/or pare down !!!

On retirement age, poorly worded. The age increase I was referring to is way, way out, likely 30 years out.

Folks are just plain living longer !!

Then we have ridiculous pensions for teachers and public employees. What about 20 years and out !!!

I see the Medical as a HUGE issue, no matter who administers it.

The Gov't can't manage the fraud and the private sector can't manage the lawyers. I think this whole Medical thing is going to "blow up" in our faces, and soon !!!

The wife of a guy I grew up with (of retirement age) worked all her life transcribing medical records for insurance claims. NOW, since the recent "Obama care" thing and 6 lobbyists in Washington for every Congressman and Senator ....she now teaches seminars to doctors/hospitals on "how to maximize their billing" be it Medicare or Insurance. It is so "lucrative" that she won't retire. The cash cow is just too big !!!

Medical issue is a subject for another day but I predict it is heading toward "breaking the piggy bank" no matter how it is run !!

Keep an eye out for the TV ads for "Cancer Treatment Centers of America" - it is a telling story - no one will be able to afford medical be it private or public.

Recently read some stuff on doctors in a hospital in Jersey City, NJ that used to bill 2-3k for Cesarean births and now it is upwards of 30k TO INSURANCE COMPANIES. That is not Medicare doing that !!!

Lee

Messages In This Thread

Re: Breaking news: No Federal Shutdown!!/Wayne