Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Breaking news: No Federal Shutdown!!/Wayne

Hi Wayne,

On this:
"
But I also think everything else that can be cut should be cut first because SS is the only program that pays out money where the recipient puts money in for the payout. The payout is whopper jawed in comparison to the input but at least there is some input...unlike welfare etc. "

There has been "input" on Medicare from the beginning as well (began in 1966).

On everything else - cut all that can - all the agencies that you mentioned before plus some. Shut them down and start over where necessary.

On medicare and welfare - shut it down, but then you are "killing people as you objected to on abortion" but I think the medicare and welfare recipients can do "community service" work and reduce the payrolls of states/municipalities for those activities.

On Medicare for illegal aliens - send them back !!
- Can't figure out why they are here in the first place except the liberal politicians figure that they managed to get here, they will solve the problem of voting for the "party that lets them stay" !!

BUTTT, you know, that every job we cut from the Federal, State, Municipal payroll/dole cuts into our "consumption spending" and impacts the economy !!

Maybe if we "fired them all" there would be some "short term suffering" but private industry would figure out to hire them (at competitive wages) and rebuild our industrial base.
And I don't think it would take very long.

Lee

Messages In This Thread

Re: Breaking news: No Federal Shutdown!!/Wayne