Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Bernanke: System unstable if debt limit/Hal

Hey buddy, sure am glad to hear you are handling things well...sounds like you have a good positive outlook, that really is key isn't it?...all I know is you do seem to have a great attitude towards things, people, and life in general, at least you do convey this through the things that you say...I know that I for one really appreciate your open-minded and positive approach to things! :)

Anyways, interestingly enough, I sold my last silver put near the very bottom early yesterday morning mainly because when I called my broker to find out the current price of the option, he said that he had a client who had been waiting for that level to purchase 100 call options! So I thought maybe I did not want to risk a bounce and lose the profit I had...turned out to be spot on! So kudos to my broker...(how often does a trader say THAT about his broker? LOL! I usually fade him actually...hahaha...he is actually a good friend as I have known him for about 20 years now, we have seen alot happen in this time, I still remember him saying years ago that the Government would NEVER allow gold to trade over $400...lol...)

And I just couldn't help myself, I bought 4 more natgas call options this am at the lows, 2 more Nov. and 2 Aug.
So I have way too many positions now, lol...I think this is the most leveraged I've ever been in any market...but it just seems like such a good trade to get those long-term calls while it is cheap and especially while volatility is so low....

You know...they keep talking about how the gasoline refineries and shipping could get damaged because of flooding....but I have seen maps of massive natgas networking and pipelines in the area and they also ship natgas out of there (New Orleans) too don't they....haven't heard any concerns of natgas distribution being disrupted on the news though...
Hmmmm.....

Anyhow, I hope you have a good weekend steve, and that you continue to work through your recent loss in a beneficial way...you and your family continue to be in my prayers.

Ron

Messages In This Thread

Re: Bernanke: System unstable if debt limit/Hal