Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: IMF: 'Decisive action' needed for euro/Lee/Hal

Hi Hal,
Thanks for all of the comments/info !!

I was sure you had Ng under control, and would not take those summary posts the wrong way !! Hope I haven't worn Ceejay out either !!?? I value his clear and intelligent posts.

On general things first, then back to Ng.
The Europeans do sound a bit worried that things may come "unglued" but I do think they will keep it "under control" there is JUST TOO MUCH AT STAKE if Greece defaults. That would ripple through a lot of banks !!

I doubt the Fed. will pursue a QE3 under current economic conditions. I think we would have to have a serious turn for the worse first. I hope the Fed. is careful with every word. Wed. is not far off !!

Back to Ng:
Ng has become my "market of choice" at least for now.
- Not to trade yet, but to learn everything I can about it.

I think, for a lot of reasons, this market will be very attractive going forward.
- Although I heated the house with Ng I sure wouldn't want to see the cost double !! But when the "utilities" get done playing with the numbers, who knows what they paid for the gas and when ????

Overall, what's out there on the horizon ???
Nuclear (I favor) is fading ....
Solar and wind have limited capacity. Unless someone invents a "new solar cell" .....
Hydro and Geothermal are pretty much maxed out ...
Coal (plenty around) but requires "invention" to go forward ...

And for vehicles - what can you carry around ???
Fuel cells (I like) but requires Nuclear power to get reasonably priced Hydrogen, and then you need the fueling infrastructure.

Electric/battery - very inefficient. You have to generate the electricity to charge the battery and every one seems to forget that 2-step process ... You have the losses in the power generation and in the vehicle power plant ... BUTTTT they claim it works for the better ....
See:
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=electric-cars-cost-per-charge

Then we have CNG opportunities for city fleet vehicles where nearby refueling can be available.

LNG transport (ships) and conversion terminals widen the availability/distribution of Ng where pipelines are impractical or expensive.

So, I see the entire Ng industry as the "market of the future", eventually displacing the "sand people" that hold us at "ransom" with their crude !!!!

Just some thoughts, I went on too long, but I think it is coming !!!!

Thanks, Lee

Messages In This Thread

Re: IMF: 'Decisive action' needed for euro/Lee/Hal