Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Gold Triangle - Just for Fun *PIC*

I was revisiting a book on Classical Chart Patterns by Peter Lewis Brandt. It has a section on triangle patterns and how to determine the move once the breakout of the triangle occurs. In summary the projection is the width of the #2 point of the triangle from the point of the breakout. It goes on to say that continuation symmetrical triangles may have only four contact points, and reversal symmetrical triangles must have five contact points. Well looking at gold it appears to be a reversal triangle meaning it is going to reverse from going up to going down.. So much depends on how you draw these dang triangles. Where is gold going based on this. See the chart below. However, if it goes back into the triangle, in my opinion all bets are off.

By the way it also looks like there is support at 1440.

Was going to do one for silver, but I was at something like 6 or 7 contact points based on how I drew it, and that was not in the book, so I just went with gold.

Anyhow a good book on chart patterns.

Messages In This Thread

Gold Triangle - Just for Fun *PIC*