Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Greece and Interest Rates

Was watching CNBC this morning who was covering the unrest in Greece, and the vote on Austerity. The vote for austerity measures just past.

They mentioned at the time that the interest rate I belive on the 10 yr note was 16.7%. I googled Greek interest rates and here is a article from yesterday. The 2 yr note was close to 30% and the 10 yr. was at about 17%. If Greece is always going to get bailed out, why not by these notes and get the interest. Always the risk of default, but why worry, if the bailouts keep comming.

By the way who owns all these notes and bonds collecting all this interest, while bailouts come from the ECB and the IMF?? I know I don't own any. These are the ones that would loose on a default, but will now get to continue to collect all that interest.

Messages In This Thread

Greece and Interest Rates
Re: Greece and Interest Rates
Re: Greece and Interest Rates