Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Sept Nat Gas/Critical Point/Lee/Trades

Hi Trades,
Thanks !!

On your first part:
It was the Thursday behavior on that storage reporrt that got me started. I wish I had captured the EIA report and the intraday chart for that day over a period of time.

A while back I became convinced that "price did what it did" independent of that report and fiddling with the Ng market on a Thursday was a good way to lose your shirt !!!

I hope Ceejay keeps posting his weather observations, the industry pays a lot of attention to the weather.

There are data sets available that boil the weather pattern down to heating/cooling degree days by population centers and where Ng is used for "make up" power, Sure can throw a "short term curve" into demand expectations. But to make a "general statement" on weather is faulty. Who cares if it is hot where they are burning coal for "make up" power !!!

On the second part:
Text display, sit tight for a bit. It is NOT YOUR COMPUTER.

Thanks, Lee