Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Jame Mound's Commodities Review for July 10, 2011 *PIC*

As a valued member of the Futures Press network you will now receive our free weekly newsletters that cover nearly every area of commodities and futures trading. Original content, thought-provoking commentary, and detailed market insight - the Futures Press network is dedicated to providing our members true investor education.

Energies
The stock market's surge, one of the strongest nine day price gains since recovering off the 2009 lows, helped lift oil prices. The support came on the heels of the 2nd bailout for Greece going through despite protests. This is a temporary relief that has had a psyhological impact on the market's outlook for the global economy, however I do not believe that it is going to prevent a global recession which will demolish oil prices in coming months. Use this bounce to develop short plays in oil and RBOB gas. Natural gas remains a buy with long term call plays.

Financials
The big stock market rally stalled a bit on Friday, and this relief rally following the Greece bailout has likely spent itself. A quick correction is in order at this technical level. Look for the S&P to hold below 1374, but likely 1354, and offer short plays from the current level. Bonds should see a choppy rally ensue on the anticipated pullback in the stock market. The dollar has been choppy, but held up nicely amid a stock market rally, which had previously been inversely correlated to a bearish dollar. The euro remains in serious jeopardy, and the Greece bailout might be seen as a relief, but the problem is still there - a unified currency structure does not work and the flaws will continue to plague the euro. Simply, a unified currency is only as strong as its weakest link if you are going to hurt the stronger countries to bailout the weaker ones. The Canadian and Australian dollars remain short plays at these exhausted levels - do not expect much more out of these currencies to the upside, and look for the next dollar rally to be the straw that breaks these camels' back. The Japanese yen remains a buy on this minor dip and I continue to stand by my forecast that:
The Japanese Yen futures will hit 140 before 80 or I will quit writing the Weekend Commodities Review...forever.

Grains
Corn's freefall should continue despite last week's dead cat bounce. Look for the WASDE to break these grains and coincide with a stock and oil pullback that could provide a bit of a perfect storm for a bear move in grains this week. Wheat is a value spread buy against corn, while beans remain a strong short with straight deep out of the money puts. The unexpected v-shaped price correction in rough rice should be shorted using near term straight puts.

http://moundreport.com/07-10-2011_files/image003.jpg
Past performance is not indicative of future results.
**Chart courtesy of https://secure.geckosoftware.com

Meats
Cattle looks quite bullish on a short term chart, but I believe the longer term perspective will win out here. The bottom line is that cattle input costs remain high and a bearish global economic outlook will rock the current phenomenally high cattle prices. Hogs are not as bullish, but I do not see much opportunity there to short at the moment.

Metals
Gold and silver continued to show small gains despite what should have been a flight to quality relief selloff following the Greece bailout. Look for a delayed reaction correction throughout the entire metals section starting with a severe silver plunge of $4 or more as early as this week. China's rate hike reinforces the pressure on growth that should handicap copper prices in coming months.

Softs
Coffee's meandering around the $2.60 price point is a bullish technical sign as this market should have been in a freefall, but it is important to note that fundamentally I do not see an argument that would suggest higher prices ahead. Therefore I would take any drop in volatility premium as an opportunity to develop key long term bearish plays in this market.
Cocoa was in a very tight channel and broke out to the upside, exactly the type of sucker's rally fakeout that could signal severe downside for this market in the near term. The only thing that I believe makes a bullish argument in cocoa is the monthly chart trendline support, but the gut is screaming market failure and I highly recommend put plays here. OJ remains a big sell along with sugar. Texas drought has helped to stabilize cotton prices, but don't be fooled into thinking there is another epic rally waiting in the wings here.

(888) 744-8866

Disclaimer:Trading in futures and options involves a substantial degree of a risk of loss and is not suitable for all investors. Past performance is not indicative of future results. Fundamental factors, seasonal and weather trends, daily news, and other current events may have already been factored into the markets. Commodities trading can be extremely risky and is not for everyone. Some trading strategies have unlimited risk. Educate yourself on the risks and rewards of such investing prior to trading. Futures Press Inc., the publisher, and/or its affiliates, staff or anyone associated with Futures Press, Inc. or http://www.moundreport.com, do not guarantee profits or pre-determined loss points, and are not held monetarily responsible for the trading losses of others (subscribers or otherwise). Information provided is compiled by sources believed to be reliable. Futures Press, Inc., and/or its principals, assume no responsibility for any errors or omissions as the information may not be complete or events may have been canceled or rescheduled. Any copy, reprint, broadcast or distribution of this report of any kind is prohibited without the expressed written consent of Futures Press, Inc.