Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Gold versus Silver
In Response To: Re: Gold versus Silver *PIC* ()

Hi Steve!
How the heck are ya anyways?

I saw yer post yesterday but did not even have the time to respond, Sorry, I am terribly busy as I'm moving completely out of my house at the same time I am preparing to leave for Russia for 3 months to live with my fiancee (and hopefully she will return with me soon afterwards) .....I am leaving Thursday....I will trade and post on the forum from there btw....(I can start trading at 4:00pm instead of 5:00am.....YAHOO!!!.....lol....)

Anyhow I am glad to hear you are doing well....and have made some good trades around these silver moves....

My mind is not made up yet on the short-term direction of metals, all I see in the charts is the the trend is moving solidly towards a stronger gold vs. silver...
But I think that may very well be a gold that continues to soar vs. silver lagging....but still holding ground and maybe even climbing athough at a slower pace...

I am thinking more and more that western currencies are just going to continue to slowly fail....not just the dollar, so weighing the currencies against each other cannot be trusted...metals are the 'new' currency.......starting with gold as silver is half currency half industrial metal....so si. will lag when there is any apparent economic weakness....and when economic strength becomes apparent it can lead again...(might be a while, lol!)
Although if gold runs high enough and currencies become completely untrustworthy silver may be viewed a bit differently...'poor man's gold' ya know...

Anyways, my .02 fer what it's worth. I'm not making any trades until I see something more clear and obvious....and when I am settled in my new home and comfortable (In Petrozavodsk :)

Trade well....see ya on the 'flip side' in a few days after my travels are done

Cheers! :)