Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Advanced Technical Indicators - Bollinger Band

I just wrote a trading course where the use of Bollinger bands is the central core of the method.

The reason I like them is because the markets are ever changing environments. We need indicators that adjust with the ebb and flow of these changes. Bollinger bands give us what I like to cal "Floating support and resistance". I feel these are more accurate than standard fixed lines based off of previous turning points.

Bollinger bands are also good because they are both visual measurements of volatility and reliable overbought, over sold indicators all wrapped in one. This means less junk on your screen because you can take the volume/open interest off your chart.

Messages In This Thread

Advanced Technical Indicators - Bollinger Bands *LINK* *PIC*
Re: Advanced Technical Indicators - Bollinger Band