Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Nat GAs/ What am I missing here?/Lee/Trades *PIC*

Hi Trades,
Thanks, now I understand your comments !!!

I'll attach a new storm plot to this. I'm on my way to the supermarket !!! Just in case !!

That sucker looks like the eye is going to pass right over my head at the moment !!!!

I remember when Gloria went up the coast in '85 and actually passed slightly east of NYC and things were "not pretty"!!

If this one is going to go right over my head, I may be out of power for more than a couple of hours:

New Jersey and New York have recently ordered all "tourists" to leave the barrier islands, with the intention of ordering residents to leave tomorrow if the storm continues on present track.

I don't know on the markets as It's not supposed to hit this area until Saturday but I remember in '85 on a weekday, the Wall street area was "EMPTY" !!! I remember all too well. I was due to teach at Chase and the night before the message was that "all was on as scheduled" !!! Well early in the morning all was called off but they "forgot to tell me" and I got my BUTT in there !!! What a mistake that was !!!! I was lucky to get home as the trains were still running. This time they are already talking about the Mass transit, Trains and Buses not running !!!!

A friend of mine worked on the 80'th floor of the World Trade Center. I called her from Chase to check on her and see how she planned to get home. She was "scared to death" as the building was already swaying !! I went up to her office on the 80'th floor and I remember "bouncing off the corridor walls" the building was swaying so much !!!

Fortunately we caught the "last train out" before they "shut it down" !!! No more "screwing around with Hurricanes" that is for sure, and this one is supposed to be worse !!!!

Thanks, Lee