Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Ng Price/Trades

Hi Trades,
You recently posted a chart showing Ng Stocks outperforming Ng futures price ....

I ran across this today:
"====
The stock valuations of the E&Ps are still very high indicating that investors are still encouraging companies to take and spend money for drilling despite commodity prices. I heard that there is a backlog of around 1500 wells that are drilled and awaiting completion, mostly in Eagleford and Marcellus. The supply train is still picking up steam.

I asked an executive at Petrohawk when the drilling/production madness will end for natural gas he just said

when investors turn sour on aggressive exploration and development. For us publicly owned companies it is the shareholders that decide what they want, and so far they want everyone to keep producing more and more regardless of price. The mentality with these new shale fields is to stake a claim just to hold the reserves, even if it isn't profitable today

So then I asked when will they turn sour? And he said

when earnings slow, which may be years away given the fact that crude output is helping many gas guys hide performance.
"===========

I have wondered for some time when Ng production would slow based on the low price, but if the above has any merit, the producers will keep producing as long as the market keeps pumping $$$ into their stock !!!!!!!

Since you keep an eye on the Ng stocks/ETF's, any comments ????

Thanks, Lee

Messages In This Thread

Ng Price/Trades
Re: Ng Price/Lee *PIC*
Re: Ng Price/Lee/Trades