Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: U.S.$ Breaking out!/Halligonian *PIC*
In Response To: Re: U.S.$ Breaking out! ()

I'm just watching 1.00 on CD. Once that breaks it could get ugly despite so many positives with the Canadian economy. CD is still viewed as a commodity 'risk on' currency and a reversing DX would trash it to some degree for sure. And with a reversing DX commodities that 'appear' to have had their bubble top this spring and with a recession beginning again this would definitely reverse the rise in CD. The currency has been far too strong and has hurt exports badly. I read 30% of the exports to the U.S. have been replaced by other countries with a better currency advantage than CD. Notice the 2nd 1/4 GDP in Canada was negative despite so many other positives. Lower exports due to a strong CD and higher imports. Not a good combination overall. But like everything else the chart will tell us when.....................watch for a breakdown of par.

Say did you like my Stockcharts chart yesterday with the Elder Bars on it????

Messages In This Thread

U.S.$ Breaking out! *PIC*
Re: U.S.$ Breaking out!
Re: U.S.$ Breaking out!/Halligonian *PIC*