Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Silver ETF:SLV/Testing Dec Support/Insider

Thanks. Yes you caught the majority of the entire move on Silver. Congratulations. That kind of patience is rare but stands the test of time. Silver is in a free fall with the breakaway gaps down. I felt a little bad about my basic comment to Harold about buying support and selling resistance as I wasn't implying that catching a vertical crashing Silver market at the next support level was the best way to trade it. Some evidence of base building wherever it stabilizes at would be a more suitable trade. I agree today's stock market just may have signaled a low for the year and I do think the August lows will hold for now. Not that it matters what I think as it will do what it wishes and we'll all deal with it in our own way I suppose. I also noticed that yesterday's low was the 54th trading day from the July 7th high. And the July 7 high was the 47th trading day from the April 30th trading day high close. Each cycle tends to be 10 to 11 weeks long and this one is out of time now. Some sort of bounce in the next cycle should be next. Never know the pattern it will track unfortunately as they all differ. But there should be a bounce starting next week if things repeat. Don't know how much that will help most people underwater in their stock portfolios. The only postive left is this is a pre-election year and there has never been a bad one measuring to the end of December from what I have read. And election year is also positive to some point in the year. So if history repeats there should be one hell of a rally into the end of December. Other than that statistic there isn't anything else I can think of that will save the day. It looks like all the rabbits have been pulled out of the hats over time world wide and the only thing left is a major deflation for a decade or more. So I wouldn't bet against your Dow numbers as the odds of them being seen down the road are high.

Messages In This Thread

Re: Silver ETF:SLV/Testing Dec Support/Insider
Re: Silver ETF:SLV/Testing Dec Support/Trades