Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: 7-10 rules rocks
In Response To: Re: 7-10 rules rocks ()

In all honesty, I am not sure the 7-10 method shows anything that is not reflected in the Moving Average Bollinger Band relationship anyway.

I have examined a lot of various trading ideas in my time. I have really come to the conclusion very few are any better than a 50/50 gamble. Certainly nothing I have seen is like printing money. The most consistently productive method I have been able to come up with uses over lapping layers of signals.

First, one needs to know the basics:

1. Use of trendlines, and how to trade both prices bouncing off of them, and breaking through them.
2. Support and Resistance lines generated by previous turning points, and how to trade both when the price bonces off of them, or trades through them.
3 How to spot all the major patterns, and how to trade break out confirmations of them.
4. How to generate support and resistance lines and price targets using Fibonacci numbers.

And then
5. You need 2 to 3 indicators that you know intimately.

1 through 4 are your essential fudemental skills everyone must master.

Number 5 is very important. because those are the tools you use to weed out false signals. I personally use the Bollinger Bands, an the 4 ,9 and 18 bar moving averages. I only look at Volume to pick which contract to trade.

Some guys like to use the Williams%R, Stochastics, swing lines, and any number of others. It really does not matter which tools are your favorite. The key, in my opinion, is to know those tools inside and out, and how to use them to verify each other to weed out false signals.

The above is the easy part. The psychological aspect is the toughest. That s where the real challenge is, and what makes the difference between a professional trader, and accounts getting wiped out either quickly, or through a thousand cuts.

I am always very suspicious of claims of systems that are "Easy Money" and such. I have yet to see one pan out.