Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: ng

There are two sides to this boom. One is the the wages being made. $15 per hour just to work at a fast food place.
Most jobs pay $25-30 and many a lot more. A rig welder gets $80 per hour. The bad side is for the seniors and people
who don't work in the patch. Their rent went from $600 per month to $2500. $1000 per month just to park an RV. The
majority of rig workers are coming from the south. A couple of beers and they have the IQ of a house plant!

Many bringing drug problems etc. The amount of stabbings, shootings, etc has increased dramatically. They were pretty
much unheard of before around here. I live in the heart of the boom and I am moving. I will close on a new place next week.
It is 100 miles east of the boom, but now there are oil companys moving that far already. They say there is enough recoverable
oil here to last at least another 20 years. There are thousands of jobs to be had, but finding a place to live is a problem. Many
are living in their trucks and vans, but they have never experienced a ND winter!

Another plus for me is that while housing values are dropping elsewhere, the one I am selling has doubled and almost tripled
in value. Of course the one I am buying has increased also but not near as much.
Hope all is well for you & yours
Later: DJ

Messages In This Thread

Re: ng