Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

A Market Review and Opinion Report For Nov 28,2011 *PIC*

Energies

Oil prices remain heavily dependent on the stock and currency action, seemingly unable to move uncorrelated to those markets. That being said, the euro could get hit hard ahead of and following a bearish U.S. employment report on Friday. Look for heavy selling in crude oil over the next two weeks to signal a top in that market. A Monday morning rally should be sold into with bear put spreads.

Financials

My Currency Cataclysm forecast released on the 16th is well underway, with a strong dollar being a major catalyst to these moves. The stock market pressure, and likely top, is helping to put the dollar into a full-on bull breakout. It will take a long time to see the true destruction of the euro currency, and in the meantime the dollar will likely see continued foreign investment from those bailing on the euro. Friday’s employment report is perhaps the most critical report this year, with a bear surprise potentially wreaking havoc on the stock and currency markets. Bonds remain a premium collection opportunity with upside exposure that should be hedged. The Japanese yen has had some resistance form here, but to me its congestion ahead of another big move after a near term U.S. dollar rally subsides and frees up the yen to make its run to 140. I continue to stand by my forecast that:

The Japanese Yen futures will hit 140 before it hits 80 or I will quit writing the Weekend Commodities Review...forever.

Grains

The grain descent has begun and the markets are getting beat up on a strong dollar and weakening global demand outlook. This time of year becomes all about speculating on 2012 planting prospects and demand for harvested crops. Will there be high carryover inventory heading into the 2012 harvest? I personally do not believe it matters very much. Grains have evolved since 2008 into a demand-focused market. I believe this sector has changed dramatically from a supply-side focused market into a global demand and usage sector. If I am right then this sector represents a great opportunity – if the rest of the market participants are focused on supplies and plantings while global demand slips, then a short play will continue to fight the market psychology and offer a great downtrend over time as opposed to a sudden collapse. That being said I do expect downside shocks to the market coupled with entry opportunities on temporary bounces. I suspect a 2 steps lower and 1 step higher style selloff is underway.

Meats

Cattle is screaming downtrend, as a double top and trend line resistance has formed nicely in the near term. Two recommendations to play the downside in cattle are recommended in this week’s Week Ahead report. Get your free trial to my premium service before the offer expires tomorrow by visiting http://futurespress.com/lp/FP_BlackFriday/. No credit card information is required.

Metals

Metals continue to deflate as a rising dollar and declining commodity prices diminishes demand for the overpriced metals sector. I expect strong selling to coincide with a stock market fallout in coming weeks.

Softs

Coffee has congested and is setting up for a volatility event, with my gut calling for a breakdown below $2. Cocoa is failing and front month took a bath during first notice period, indicating a demand failure in this market. Look for sub-2000 prices shortly. Cotton is also seeing some downside after a long period of congestion – be weary of a fakeout here as normally the first move after a period of congestion following a market failure is a false signal. However, general bearishness for commodities here suggests cotton will have a tough time remaining in this price range. Sugar and OJ are strong sells at current levels.

Disclaimer: Trading in futures and options involves a substantial degree of a risk of loss and is not suitable for all investors. Past performance is not indicative of future results. Fundamental factors, seasonal and weather trends, daily news, and other current events may have already been factored into the markets. Commodities trading can be extremely risky and is not for everyone. Some trading strategies have unlimited risk. Educate yourself on the risks and rewards of such investing prior to trading. Futures Press Inc., the publisher, and/or its affiliates, staff or anyone associated with Futures Press, Inc. or www.moundreport.com, do not guarantee profits or pre-determined loss points, and are not held monetarily responsible for the trading losses of others (subscribers or otherwise). Information provided is compiled by sources believed to be reliable. Futures Press, Inc., and/or its principals, assume no responsibility for any errors or omissions as the information may not be complete or events may have been canceled or rescheduled. Any copy, reprint, broadcast or distribution of this report of any kind is prohibited without the expressed written consent of Futures Press, Inc.