Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: What is your Favorit Set Up?/Gian

I actually do this myself. Where the open and close are in relation to the over all bar, and each other seems to have significance. For example, a bar, in a bull market, that opens and closes near the bottom often signals a short correction. This is especially true if the entire bar is completely above the previous days range.

I don't trade these (but have in the past), but use them as warnings that my over all signal is not stable enough to trust. Part of why I can win so much (even if most of them are small), is that I have all these little warnings that I use to not trade an otherwise good set up.

I came to the conclusion many years ago that a method's value is not necessarily in the entrance, or exit signals, but in the warnings that keep you from trading in the first place.