Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: MF Global Update 12-09-2011/icd

ICD,

you are right outside of the trustee web page not much has been sent out. MF Global filed bankrucpty monday morning Oct 31. I thought I would get my monthly statment in the mail for Oct, but never got one. Guess they never did them. Even at the time when I logged in they only had the latest as Sept. online. I think I received a notice in the mail of MF going belly up, and then this week around Tues or Wed I received a claim form in the mail. I had already downloaded from the trustee web site last week and sent in. The one I received in the mail this week looks the same.

Once they transfered my one sugar position on Friday the 4th. I could never log into my account again on their web site to verify what was left. The web site kept automatically converting my account number to the new account number. Wanted to verify the rest was still their. Called the guy at the trade desk who was helping me a bit, but the one number I could reach him at never answered. The 800 number went to the new clearing house where my one position was. Asked for the guy that use to help me and they did not know him. My guess is that they changed the routing of the phone number to a different location.

One of the items I read said you could send an email to clearinginformation@cmegroup.com to get a balance, but I don't know, if they will only give a balance of what was transfered with a new position and or the old account. Anyhow I sent one yesterday morning and am waiting on a response. I have the balance that I have calculated that should be there for the claim form, but wanted to see what they had on Oct 31.

On the trustee homepage somewhere there is a MF Global hotline. I called two times the 1st week or so of bankrucpty. They really didn't have much information to give me. The second time I called they said I could write the law firm that was working with the trustee. They gave me the address and she said she had no phone number. I new I didn't want to write so I googled the law firm and matched up the address and called. Got a call back a week and a half later (had to call a second time and say I have not been called back). This afternoon I called and got a call back fairly quickly.

In summary you are right hard to get information. Best source is the trustee web site. Also a google of MF Global every now and again may show some newer information.