Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Determine Where the Real Support and Resistanc

I think the whole concept of "Pivot Points" is a bit misguided. Commodities is not really a game of support, or resistance. It's more analogous to Surfing. What everyone is really trying to do, is "Surf" the next big wave. To catch that wave, you need a method as dynamic and fluid as the ever changing market conditions that cause those waves. To do this, you need dynamic, ever "in flux" indicators that are self adjusting to the wave action as the market ebbs and flows. This is why I prefer to use indicators like Moving Averages, Bollinger band, and Oscillators. Volume, Open Interest, and Price Volatility are also essential tools to help gauge when the market is about to start the next big wave.

It's been my experience that one can do much better just Spear Point Trading (tm) for an entry, and using the Williams%R, Stochastics, or Price Momentum to exit on extreme over bought or over sold conditions.

This allows one to "Surf" the wave, rather than trying to depend on ridged, predetermined points that the market could care less about.

Messages In This Thread

Determine Where the Real Support and Resistance *LINK*
Re: Determine Where the Real Support and Resistanc