Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Gold – A Timely Lift / Haligonian *LINK*

Yes I've known many Gold bulls AND bears since the 70's. And in bull markets you don't dare say Gold is going to selloff or someone will respond like a religious fanatic would if you told him his religion was b.s. Funny how Gold can become something to worship with Gold bugs. I've always traded it one way or the other and when it got bearish on the charts just left it alone. I don't care about being right but just keeping the money I already have and making more if the opportunity presents itself. The 20 year bear market in Gold and Silver was ugly and as all the Gold and Silver bugs got blown away one didn't dare mention either in mixed company after,lol. I knew one contractor that lost a bundle on Silver over the years and if anyone mentioned precious metals they were in for a blast. But now most are wild eyed Gold bulls again. Unfortunately Gold is notorious for plunging within Bull markets and trashing everyone long. Ross Clark mentions this likelyhood as well. Gold stock buyers a year ago are still under water right after loading up at this time last year into thier highs. And that was with Gold going up $450 more from there into August! But here is a link to Ross Clark's unbiased audio of that conversation on Dec 19th. He is good and does his homework. Keep in mind he is using previous bull markets as a guide and no market tracks perfectly so I do take this type of analysis with a grain of salt. But being it is Ross Clark I do respect his work regardless as he doesn't hype things and just focuses on strong possibilities. Meanwhile I'll trade with a breakout or breakdown on the charts. Click the link. If it doesn't work here is the link you can copy and paste into your browser. And all the best to you and yours right back at you!

http://talkdigitalnetwork.com/2011/12/watch-the-dollar/