Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: TVIX/Haligonian *PIC*
In Response To: Re: TVIX/Haligonian/Trades ()

From what I have read and come across this is the best ETF to 'trade' the VIX. Many of the VIX based trades waste away and are based on futures contracts that with contango get cheaper and cheaper on the roll overs despite the volatility. This is a double bear ETF:TVIX with over 2 million shares traded every day and up to 8 million. Easy in and easy out. Huge gains or losses looking at the price chart. Catch this one right and most everything else seems like chicken feed. Keep in mind any double ETF doesn't chart as well as the underlying. Also the underlying is VIX which is pure volatility. So I do question any support or resistance level somewhat do to this. But "IF" price crossed back over 33 which has shown to be an important price point for over a year nowI do think I'd get long. And the odds of volatility increasing have got to be high in light of everything. Looks like a no brainer but then one must also ask how much of a drawdown is acceptable. I don't do drawdowns which does present a problem. Especially with a drama queen like the VIX. Also the chart with the colored Elder Bars are not a good example of the color changes to watch due to the erratic high volatility nature of anything VIX related. I should have just used a regular bar chart. Alexander Elder came up with those colored bars and I do like the trend of the colors that go from green to blue or red at tops and back to blue and especially green again at bottoms. A person could come up with a trading system with just that and the CCI 20. And of course the overriding major indicator of previous highs and lows.

Messages In This Thread

TVIX/Haligonian *LINK*
Re: TVIX/Haligonian/Trades
Re: TVIX/Haligonian *PIC*