Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Orange Juice - Limit Up

That is pretty much it. Although some brokers will liquidate you if you fail to meet the margin call in a timely enough manner, especially if you suddenly go under water. That is a gamble though, a really really huge one, if you are relying on that.

If the trader is stuck in that position, possibly a hedge by buying one of the back months might save him. I got caught in a limit move against my position in corn once, and saved my account by entering a less active month. Well, I should say my guy at Alaron did, as I had no idea what I was doing back then.

Messages In This Thread

Re: Orange Juice - Limit Up