Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Gold in Euros / bull or bear debate / Ronbo *PIC*

Hey Ron, thanks for the 'relevance' :) Definitely good to have arguments for both sides presented to provide some balance...afterall, that's what makes a 'market' eh. I try to keep a flexible attitude and open mind to future possibilities and I certainly can't rule out the possibility of a larger correction in the precious metal sector.

But it seems to me that the ultimate top for Gold is not near yet. Back in January 1980, Gold's previous bull run peak, folks were literally lined up outside Canadian banks trying to buy physical product. People were practically foaming at the mouth over the stuff and bidding up the price in a buying frenzy. That's what I suspect another 'top' will look like this time...but, so far, there's none of that...Gold, and particularly Gold stocks, remain a hugely underwowned and unloved asset class..the public may have finally come to accept Gold as a viable alternative currency and asset class again, but they have yet to put their money behind that idea in significant numbers here in North America...I know of virtually no one in my area, family or friends, that owns any Gold or stocks, but maybe my circle is not representative.

Anywho, I guess we'll see how things unfold in the coming weeks. The weekly Gold chart still looks good to me, with price above all 3 MA's after a successsful test (so far) of the 10 and 40 this morning. Still has some work to do to prove itself though...a break and hold above $1700 would be a decent start.

Hope all is well for you down in sunny California these days.

Best regards