Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: march wheat/update/Harold *PIC*
In Response To: Re: march wheat/update/Trades ()

Well the C h2/Wh2 trade looks good with price bouncing off support here. As I said yesterday despite the price resistance high point the seasonals for Corn are bullish into March and bearish for Wheat. So that should make the C/W trade work in your favor statistically. Also the last 5 presidential elections Corn has rallied in the 1st 1/4 each and every time. (Poster bcb posted this awhile back so I posted a chart showing this.) So the odds are with you on this trade. You only need Corn to outperform Wheat to make money regardless of price direction of both. I don't know if further out contracts would be better or not as there are differences. And May or July or Dec contracts are a lot further away for comfort. Don't know which contract time period you chose. But good luck with it. Right now the March contracts are still showing the highest open interest. Always nice though to have some time on your side before you have to react. I punched in the May Corn/May Wheat spread chart and it is much the same as the March spread. Also note the oversold status of the CCI 20 lower indicator. Keep in mind technicals on the spreads are not as reliable as straight price chart technicals on a single market but are still valuable and still work basically. But support and resistance pts don't always hold up on a spread chart far more often than on a single market.