Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: aapl/Wayne

Hi Wayne,
Interesting charts and movement in AAPL.

This stock may well be worth watching with the passing of Steve Jobs (RIP). !!!

My take is that he was the innovator, inspiration and also the "Commander" in keeping a "closed shop" in Apple products/accessories. You had to deal with the Apple Store and all "Apple products".

I admit, I have "shunned" Apple since the mid 80's when they were strongly rejected by the "business community" of PC users ...... BUT things have changed !!

Apple was pretty much a device used by artists for graphics etc ..........

NOW, Pc's and pretty much all associated items are a commodity market. I suspect Apple computers have been dragged into this "price wise" at least, but still seem to command a little higher price tag from their niche market devotee's.

NOW COMES THE .... Ipod, Iphone, Ipad, Itab and a whole new market has been created ....

Seems the rest to the industry has been scurrying to play "catch up" as Apple keeps "rolling out new products" that have generated tremendous interest !!!

Will this continue ??? .... without Steve Jobs ?? I clearly don't know !! The Company could start to stumble and "fall on its face" !!!

I cite the Iphone/Att Monopolistic "hook up" that failed !!! Att only knows how to operate as a Monopoly, until they were broken up in 1986 and now phone calls cost virtually nothing !!!!

So, along comes the "Cellular Industry" and ATT tried to "Monopolize" that and so far failed (look at the TMobile takeover loss).

Look for major changes ahead.

When they "crack the cellular costs" we will see a revolution !!!!!!!!!!

When we have the Ipod, Iphone, Ipad/Itab and I include GPS all in one device, with appropriate interface (call it a USB interface for now) providing a decent keyboard, mouse, display/printer interface and you have it all in one neat little package !!!!!

I think there is enough "real estate" in a present day tablet (Itab) to accommodate the chips and enough commonality in the functions to likely get "IT ALL" in one or two chips !!!

For reference:
Do you buy a "printer today" or do you buy a "Printer/Copier/Scanner/Fax" all in one low cost box, and for now they screw you on the "ink cartridges" !!! So, for now, it is the "connectivity" for what I'll call the new IALL as described above !!!!

So, I think AAPL bears watching, but so do the "Cellular Carriers" !!!! That "unlimited data link" will come to pass and the company that "pulls it off" will skyrocket !!!! My 2 cents here.

Now, do you need a "USB plug" into a Nuclear Power Plant to power it all !!!??? I think not.

On AAPL, there were rumblings of an inexpensive "fuel cell" battery !!!??? If that comes to pass that could really be the "next big winner" for Apple.

Remember the original 3.5 inch floppy disk !!!! It was a bit larger, but redesigned to fit in a "man's shirt pocket" !!!
- Look at what we have now, not all that many years later !!!!
- So, for now, maybe we re-design the men's shirt pocket !!???

So my take is, if you want to follow this game/evolution ..... Do watch Apple, the Key Cell Carriers, and the Industry as a whole - Things are a changin !!!!

FWIT:
i know this got long, but was fun putting it in writing !!!!

Now, what's next:
With all of the "sensible restrictions on 'driving while using a cell phone' " I can see a vehicle interface for the IALL, NOT TOO FAR AWAY, with a Blue Tooth like head set, or an "in vehicle" speaker/mic that is "voice activated/controlled"
that solves all/most of the issues described above (including power/recharging) Then if while driving, you need the "services" of a larger keyboard/mouse/display - all you have to do is "pull over" while you deal with those tasks !!

Doesn't sound all that "un-realistic" to me !!!

Lee
PS
I read recently (true or not ?) that there are now more cell phones on this planet than people !!!!

And for another creation, how a "heads up display" of your dash panel on your windshield as in many "fighter jets" controlled by a "push button" on your steering wheel !!!

Messages In This Thread

Re: aapl/Wayne
Re: aapl #2 Followup/Wayne/All